Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays!

On behalf of our coaching staff, I just wanted to thank all the families of our players for giving us (the coaches) the opportunity to work with your sons.

Basketball is known get for "March Madness" but the reality is that the excitement of March is the end-product of four months of work. Not only do the players and coaches make huge sacrifices of their time, but families do to. We start Thanksgiving week and continue through much of the Christmas/Holiday season. In March, I think it is often forgotten how difficult the beginning of the year can be on players, coaches and families. I guess as we break for a couple days, I wanted to acknowledge that and also thank you for your time, support and trust in us to work with your sons.

The basketball season by nature is long. It can be a roller coaster ride at times with many highs and lows. Obviously, our season hasn't started out on a high in terms of W's, (or health!), but I know I speak for our entire coaching staff when I say we are truly grateful for the opportunity to coach this group of young men.

While we haven't been as successful in games (yet) as we had hoped, this group has been incredibly coachable, great teammates and have continued to work hard every day. Despite of our loss Tuesday night at Eagan, the last two days were the most spirited and competitive practices of the season. It is a testament of their resiliency and desire to get better. I don't know where we'll end up in March, but I am confident that the journey will be worth it.

Parents/Families, thank you. Thank you for all of your love, support and guidance that has gone into raising these young men...

..and thank you all for taking the time to read my ramblings!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and I hope you all have a wonderful time with your families!

mk

No comments:

Post a Comment